Features & Finishes
The following Schedule details the features and finishes per the standard layout for the Detached Homes at Hillsborough:
- Wood frame construction with architecturally controlled exterior elevations featuring upgraded clay brick masonry detailing, precast stone accents, precast stone sills and pre-finished architectural board, stucco and/or vinyl siding and decorative accents, as per elevation selected.
- House siting and exterior colours will be architecturally pre-selected and coordinated to ensure a harmonious streetscape in conformance with applicable zoning and architectural control guidelines.
- Low maintenance pre-finished aluminium soffits, fascia, eavestroughs and down spouts.
- Self-sealing roof shingles in architecturally pre-selected colours with manufacturer’s LIMITED LIFETME WARRANTY.
- Single or double steel-clad insulated front entry door with double-glazed transom and/or glass insert/side lite, as per plan/elevation.
- Front entry doors with brushed metal grip set and dead bolt lock. Exterior light at front entry, location per Vendor.
- House address number integrated into masonry façade (one side only, per Vendor).
- Panelled sectional garage doors with vision inserts, as per elevation.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified low maintenance Low-E, argon filled vinyl casement windows at front, rear and side elevations.
- Double glazed sliding basement windows.
- Sliding patio doors (size as per model selected) with thermopane, tempered insulglass with screen, garden door, French door or deckmate door, as per plan.
- Fully graded and sodded lot with precast concrete front walkway. Precast step(s) at rear door, as required by grade.
- Fully paved driveway (base and top coat) on private portion of driveway, as per plan, adjusted on Closing.
- Two exterior hose bibs, one in the rear of the home and one in the garage.
- Insulated metal entry access door from the garage to house, grade permitting.
- Cold cellar as per plan in Detached Homes with weather stripped solid core door, light, floor drain and vent(s) as per plan.
- Three (3) piece rough-in (drain pipes only) for future basement bathroom, location per Vendor, subject to change without notice.
- For walk-out basement conditions as per lot grading, the following features are included in the walk-out premium: additional masonry brick façade as required, additional insulation, basement sliding door or swing door as required by Architectural Control, larger rear basement vinyl window(s), pressure treated wood balcony (approximately 45 sq. ft.), one additional exterior light and exterior electrical outlet, location per Vendor.
- For look-out basement conditions as per lot grading (8 to 12 risers), the following features are included in the look-out premium: additional masonry façade as required, additional insulation, larger rear basement vinyl window(s), pressure treated wood deck (approximately 45 sq. ft.) with stairs to grade, as required.
- For deck lot conditions as per lot grading (4 to 7 risers), the following features are included in the deck lot premium: pressure treated wood deck (approximately 45 sq. ft.) with steps to grade, as required.
- 9’ ceiling heights on the main floor and 8’ ceilings on the upper floor including coffered ceiling in the master bedroom. Ceiling heights exclude dropped ceiling areas in the laundry room and all bathrooms and anywhere bulkheads are required for mechanical and structural requirements.
- Ceramic or Porcelain tile in foyer, as per plan, from Vendor’s standard line.
- Natural finish oak veneer stair with solid wood treads from the main to upper floor (as applicable) to have one coat of sealer. Integral stair landings include natural finish solid oak strip flooring. Paint grade stair to unfinished basement area, as per plan.
- Natural finish solid oak handrail and straight metal pickets on staircase from the main to upper floor (as applicable).
- 6’8” panelled interior doors throughout except where sliders are shown.
- 2¾” casing on all windows and doors and 5¼” baseboards in finished areas.
- Brushed metal lever handles on interior swing doors throughout.
- Natural finish 2¼” x ¾” solid oak strip flooring in natural finish in all non-tiled areas on the main floor from Vendor’s standard samples.
- 40 oz. carpeting with ½” underpad from Vendor’s standard line on all non-tiled areas on the finished basement level, upper floor and/or bedrooms, as per plan.
- Smooth finish ceilings in kitchen, powder room and bathrooms. Spray texture ceiling in all other rooms with 4” smooth border excluding closets, vaulted and coffered ceilings.
- Gas fireplace in drywall surround complete white painted wood mantel as per Vendor, location as per plan.
- Shelving installed in all closets.
- Trimmed archways on the main floor where ceiling/bulkheads permit.
- Interior walls in finished areas decorated in Low VOC flat latex with one primer coat and one finish coat except for kitchen, bathrooms, main or second floor laundry rooms and interior wood trim, which are finished in semi-gloss.
- No changes permitted to the Vendor’s standard floor plan layout and/or elevation.
- Kitchen door and drawer fronts per Vendor’s standard line.
- Appliance openings include 36” by 70” high opening for future refrigerator, 30” opening for future freestanding range and 24” opening for future dishwasher.
- Extended height upper kitchen cabinetry, as per plan.
- Extended depth fridge upper cabinet and one side gable, as per plan.
- Chimney hood fan, in stainless or stainless/glass finish, over stove location, vented to exterior, as per Vendor.
- Ceramic backsplash below upper cabinets (excluding fridge cabinet) and above countertop, per Vendor’s standard line.
- Flush Breakfast bar or kitchen island, as per plan.
- Natural or manufactured stone countertop from Vendor’s standard line.
- Ceramic or Porcelain tile floor per Vendor’s standard line.
- Double bowl or bowl and a half under mounted stainless steel sink with washerless single lever faucet and integrated pull out sprayer in chrome(sink size and configuration per Vendor).
- Kitchen cabinetry opening to accommodate
Bathroom/Powder Room Features
- Ceramic or Porcelain tile floor in bathrooms/powder room per Vendor’s standard line.
- Two (2) piece powder room on main floor with pedestal sink, as per plan.
- Three (3) piece bathrooms include 5’ acrylic tub with full height ceramic wall tile or shower enclosure with 2” x 2” floor tile (white, grey or beige) full height ceramic wall tiles on walls and ceiling from Vendor’s samples, as per plan.
- Four (4) piece bathrooms, when tub and shower are separate, include a freestanding acrylic oval soaker tub, as per plan.
- Separate shower enclosures include 2” x 2” floor tile (white, grey or beige) full height ceramic wall tiles on walls and ceiling from Vendor’s samples, water resistant light fixture and framed glass shower door and/or panel (as applicable), as per plan.
- Three (3) and four (4) piece bathroom(s) include comfort height cabinetry with recessed kick plate and Formica countertop from Vendor’s standard line.
- Certified water saving toilets throughout.
- Classic white plumbing fixtures in bathroom(s) and powder room.
- Vanity mirror and lighting over vanity in bathroom(s) and main floor powder room.
- Washerless single lever faucets in vanities, shower stall and bathtubs, except over tubs where a Roman spout is provided (PosiTemp valve in all showers).
- Privacy lock on all bathroom and powder room doors.
- All bathrooms vented to the exterior with ENERGY STAR® exhaust fans.
- Polymer laundry tub, located as per plan.
- Faucets and separate drain for automatic washer.
- Ceramic or Porcelain floor tile per Vendor’s standard line.
- All upper floor laundry closets/rooms to include a floor drain.
- Wiring and vent for dryer.
- Energy efficient lighting provided throughout, except for bath vanity, dining room and exterior lighting.
- Switched wall outlet in lieu of overhead lighting is provided in living room and family room/great room.
- Capped ceiling outlet provided in the dining room, as per plan.
- Decor electrical switches, receptacles and plates.
- Split electrical outlets installed at counter level in kitchen.
- Heavy-duty wiring and outlet for stove and dedicated electrical outlet for the refrigerator.
- Electrical outlets near vanity in all bathrooms and powder rooms protected by ground fault interrupter (GFI).
- Combined smoke/carbon monoxide detectors located as per building code.
- Pre-wiring/cover plate for maximum of two (2) RG6 coaxial cable TV outlets; one in the family room/great room; and one in the master bedroom, location as per Vendor. Purchaser is to arrange for activation/service delivery directly with the cable company after closing.
- Pre-wiring/cover plate for two (2) telephone outlets; one in the kitchen and one the master bedroom, as per Vendor. Purchaser is to arrange for activation/service delivery directly with the phone company after closing.
- 100 amp electrical service with circuit breaker panel and copper wiring.
- Two (2) exterior electrical outlets, location per Vendor, both with ground fault interrupter (GFI).
- Separate electrical outlet on garage ceiling for future installation of garage door opener by Purchaser after Closing.
- Front door chime.
- Rough-in for future installation of a central vacuum system with adjacent electrical, all runs dropped into basement, as per Vendor.
- High efficiency ENERGY STAR® forced air gas furnace with electronic ignition. Note: heating equipment location may vary from plan.
- Sealed ductwork (supply air runs per ENERGY STAR® specifications).
- High efficiency power-vented gas-fired hot water tank on a rental basis, as per Vendor.
- Heating equipment ductwork pre-sized for installation of future central air conditioning.
- Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) for fresh air circulation.
- Whole home humidifier.
- Programmable thermostat.
- On demand hot water recirculation system to Master Ensuite.
- Drain water heat recovery system (DWHR).
- Solar conduit rough-in from the basement to the attic space. Roof trusses designed to support the weight of future solar panels.
- ENERGY STAR® construction (3rd party certified).
- All homes constructed in accordance with the Town of East Gwillimbury Sustainability Guidelines and Implementation.
- Poured concrete front porch and garage floor with reinforced grade beams.
- Advanced floor joist system utilizing engineered floor joist technology.
- Tongue and groove sub-floors glued, nailed and screwed down to floor joist.
- 3/8” plywood roof sheathing.
- Covered front porch, as per plan.
- Exterior walls of habitable areas framed with 2” x 6” stud construction with walls insulated to R-25 and attic insulated to R-50.
- Spray foam insulation in garage ceiling below liveable areas as well as all cantilevered areas.
- All garage walls to be fully drywalled and taped.
- Air/vapour barrier applied to exterior walls. Air seal package to all exterior doors and windows.
Subject to the terms of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale attached hereto, the Vendor shall have the right to substitute other products and materials for those listed in this Schedule or provided for in the plans and specifications provided that the substituted products and materials are of a quality equal to, or better than, the products and materials so listed or so provided.
- The Purchaser hereby acknowledges and agrees that due to grading and drainage conditions,
the Vendor at its sole discretion may make the following modifications without adjustment to the
purchase price and without further notice to the Purchaser:
- although the house plan may indicate the inclusion of a door, which would be an insulated steel door, between the garage and the laundry/utility room, the door may be eliminated.
- although the house plan may indicate the inclusion of a side door, the door may be eliminated.
- one or more steps may be installed with or without a railing in the garage due to the difference in level of the garage and the balance of the house, although such step or steps and/or railing may interfere with or limit the use of the interior of the garage.
- the laundry/utility room may be lowered to accommodate the door to the laundry/utility room from the garage and/or the exterior side door.
- the installation of a deck may or may not be required depending upon the grading requirements for that particular lot.
- Purchaser acknowledges that exterior railings are to be installed on front porch, as per applicable model, or when the top of the porch height exceeds 23 5/8” above finished grade, as determined by the Vendor or as required by the Control Architect, Municipality or governing authority.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that the unfinished basement may have reduced headroom areas due to mechanical duct and/or supporting structures.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that the entry steps to the house may vary or be eliminated due to grading conditions.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that finishing materials contained in any model home or sales office display including but not limited to: carpet, furniture, electrical fixtures, drapes, ceramic flooring, upgraded kitchen cabinets, stained staircases, railing, wallpaper, paint, landscaping and fencing may be for display purposes only and may not be of the same grade or type, or may not be included in the dwelling unit purchased herein.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that all features are as per applicable plan and are not standard on all plan types.
- Marble, granite and wood are subject to natural variations in colour and grain. Ceramic and porcelain tile, carpet and laminated flooring are subject to pattern, shade and colour variations.
- If the Lot is at a stage of construction which will enable the Vendor to permit the Purchaser to make colour and material choices from the Vendor’s standard selections, then the Purchaser shall have until the date designated by the Vendor (of which the Purchaser shall be given seven (7) days prior notice) to properly complete the Vendor’s colour and material selection forms. If the Purchaser fails to do so within such time period, the Vendor may irrevocably exercise all of the Purchaser’s rights to colour and material selections hereunder and such selection shall be binding upon the Purchaser. No changes whatsoever shall be permitted in colours or materials so selected by the Vendor, except that the Vendor shall have the right to substitute other materials and items for those provided in this Schedule provided that such material and items are of equal quality to or better than the materials and items set out herein.
- The purchaser acknowledges that there shall be no reduction in the price or credit for any standard feature listed herein which is omitted at the Purchaser’s request.
- References to model types/model numbers refer to current manufacturer’s models. If these types or models change, the Vendor shall provide an equivalent model.
- All dimensions, if any, are approximate. All specifications, dimensions and materials are subject to changes without notice.
- Pursuant to this Agreement or this Schedule or pursuant to a supplementary agreement or purchase order, the Purchaser may have requested the Vendor to construct an additional feature within the Lot which is in the nature of an optional extra, if, as a result of building, construction or site conditions within the Lot, the Vendor is not able to construct such extra, then the Vendor may, by written notice to the Purchaser, terminate the Vendor’s obligation to construct the extra. In such event, the Vendor shall refund to the Purchaser the monies, if any, paid by the Purchaser to the Vendor in respect of such extra, without interest and in all other respects this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- The Vendor shall have the right to substitute other products and materials for those listed in this Schedule or provided for in the plans and specifications provided that the substituted products and materials are of a quality to, or better than the products and materials so listed or so provided.
- Floors and specific finishes will depend on Vendor’s samples for specific areas selected.
- All features and finishes are as per model plan and elevation selected.
- Energy Star construction specifications may change to meet current compliance requirements in place at the time of building permit issuance.
All plans and dimensions are approximate, are adjusted up to the nearest foot and subject to change at the discretion of the Vendor. Lot frontages refer to the minimum width of the lot at the building set back unless marked otherwise. Landscaping is artist’s concept only. Boulevard tree planting by the Subdivision Developer. For additional details, see Sales Display Map available in the Sales Presentation Centre. E. & O. E. 20201104_IFS_R1