THINKING GREEN... BUILDING GREEN
Let the stress of the day melt into a distant memory as you retreat to your private outdoor oasis on your Berwick City Town terrace. Relax and unwind with friends, savour a sumptuous glass of Pinot Noir or enjoy a dinner for two “al fresco” as the sunset blazes over the city. Atop your perch in one of the liveliest neighbourhoods in Toronto, you’ll soon be enjoying all that a backyard space has to offer but with stunning views and no grass to maintain. Admire your rooftop garden, BBQ some gourmet fare or just lounge in the warm sun. It’s all waiting for you in your Backyard in the Sky at The Berwick.
- High performance thermally separated aluminum window frames with Low-E coating, argon gas-filled and double pane sealed glazing units with operable awning windows.
- Modern high efficiency boilers offering at least 85% efficiency
- Variable frequency drive motors for all main circulating pumps and make up air units
- Tri-sorter facilities for refuse recycling
- Carbon monoxide detection system in the underground garage to control usage of exhaust fans
- Compact fluorescent light fixtures in common areas and fluorescent light fixtures in the underground garage areas
- Motion sensors to control lighting usage in selected common areas
- Individual suite metering for hydro consumption
- Reduced flow aerators in all bathroom and kitchen faucets and shower heads
- Water efficient toilets
- Use of local materials wherever possible as per Toronto Green standards
- Secure bicycle storage
- Green roof, as per Toronto Green standards, on 50% of roof area